The Association has no commercial purpose and pursues the following non-profit-making objectives at international level:
- represent, promote and defend the shared interests of its Members;
- strengthen cooperation, including at an operational level, between European financial institutions as well as with other Institutions of the European Union (EU) acting as long-term financiers;
- develop the concept of long-term investment within the economic and financial sector;
- promote academic research on long-term investments
- inform the EU and its institutions on the role and potential of the Members as institutions and agencies for long-term financing;
- strengthen the access of the Members to information on matters related to the EU;
- exchange information and experiences among Members and with national and international organisations sharing the Association's interest in the promotion of long-term investment.
To that end, the Association proposes to carry out the following activities:
- to inform its Members regarding the discussions, initiatives and measures conducted by the institutions of the EU;
- to initiate and publish research programmes or studies and to hold conferences for the Members;
- to promote convergence and common positions among its Members with a view, in particular, to responding to consultations launched by the European Commission;
- to exert influence on EU Institutions and act as a common interlocutor in dealings with such institutions, notably by acting as a spokesperson for its Members in dealings with EU institutions and bodies, without prejudice to the separate freedom of expression of each Member.