Türkiye Sınai Kalkınma Bankası (TSKB)
Headquartered in İstanbul and established in 1950 with the support of World Bank and the Central Bank of Turkey and shareholding of private commercial banks, Türkiye Sınai Kalkınma Bankası (TSKB) is Turkey’s first privately-owned development and investment bank. Since the day it was founded, TSKB has been supporting Turkey’s sustainable growth with its deep knowledge and experience as well as the broad array of corporate banking, investment banking, and consultancy services that it provides its customers. Through financial subsidiaries offering real estate and sustainability solutions, TSKB also adds value to its customers’ investments.
Ever since its inception, TSKB has been engaging in business partnerships with supranational financial institutions, international development agencies, and banks and financial institutions all over the world through which it brings qualified and themed global funds together with investments undertaken by the Turkish business world.
With a wide range of credit options that include corporate lending, project finance, and much more, TSKB provides financing support to sustainable investment projects in many different sectors. At the same time and in its capacity as an effective investment bank, TSKB also gives its customers the benefit of its international-class investment banking experience with products and services that have been carefully crafted to meet their specific needs.
A member of the Türkiye İş Bankası Group
Members of the Türkiye İş Bankası (İşbank) Group control a %50,33 stake in TSKB, %39.3 of whose shares are traded on the Borsa İstanbul (BIST) Star Market under the “TSKB” symbol.
The bank conducts its business through its head office in İstanbul and through its Ankara and İzmir branches.
A respected player in global markets
Having been established with the initiation of World Bank, TSKB ranks among the best-known banks active in today’s global markets. It continues to work closely with supranational financial institutions and with all the other leading players in such markets.
The World Bank, European Investment Bank, KfW, European Development Agency, IFC, EBRD and Islamic Development Bank number among TSKB’s international Business partners.
The pioneer of sustainable banking in our country
As a bank that recognizes and internalizes the economic, environmental, and social aspects of sustainability, TSKB has undertaken many initiatives and it commands respect on that front not just in Turkey but abroad as well. TSKB is one of the pioneers in sustainable banking in Europe.
Besides finance models that have been specially crafted for renewable energy, energy and resource efficiency, and environmental protection investments, TSKB takes environmental and social risk factors into account in all of its project evaluation processes and constantly supports both the country’s transition to a low-carbon economy and more efficient production.
Corporate Social Responsibility
In keeping with its “Sustainable Banking” mission, TSKB constructs its social responsibility projects around the core idea of fostering an awareness–especially in the business and academic communities–of climate change, energy and carbon management, and all other environmental issues that pose risks to the world’s future.
Since 2007 the bank has been deploying its corporate competencies and communication networks in the conduct of one of the most comprehensive and long-term social responsibility projects dealing with environmental issues ever undertaken in Turkey.
Is to focus on creating value for the inclusive and sustainable development of our country through the financing and consultancy solutions powered by our experience in development and investment banking as well as the visionary approach and well-established international collaboration initiatives we maintain.
Is to be the business partner that stakeholders consult and prefer as the first choice towards the economic, environmental and social development of Turkey.
- We create long-term value for customers, society and the future of our country, using a visionary perspective and innovative services as leverage
- We keep a close eye on international banking practices and lead our sector as a pioneer
- With a human-oriented approach for a qualified economic growth we contribute to employment, equal opportunities and social development through inclusive banking solutions
- We make business decisions together based on collective intelligence
- We value team success over individual success
- We work in harmony both within the Bank and with the organizations we cooperate
- We never discriminate among our employees
- We protect the rights of employees and ensure they always have equal opportunities
- We contribute to employees’ professional and personal development and encourage them to take initiatives
- We produce flexible, fast and efficient solutions in order to optimally meet our customers’ expectations and needs
- We are utterly prudent about the quality of the work we do and resolute in fulfilling commitments
- Knowing that we are the leaders in our job, we take responsibility and act timely and swiftly at each stage without need for any prior guidance
Reliable and Respectful
- We build trustful and respectful relations with all our stakeholders
- We never compromise on a fair, accountable, transparent and ethical banking approach, and the contemporary rules of corporate governance
- We create value for sustainable development through an environment-friendly banking aproach, and take responsibility to leave future generations a world to live in
The sources of TSKB’s strength are:
- A solid capital structure and strong partners
- A reputation as an institution that is trusted by the international and supranational financial institutions that provide funding
- An ability to access low-cost, long-term funding and to put such funding to work
- Professional and experienced human resources who are equipped with international-class knowledge and experience
- An ability to reach an extensive customer base with low operational costs
- Reliable and advanced technological infrastructure.
Support sustainable development: TSKB’s corporate goal of supporting sustainable development is what enables it to contribute to the sustainable growth of the Turkish economy by further strengthening its own position and profitability in the project finance and investment banking business lines.
TSKB seeks to further expand its customer base with the addition of new firms and groups, to increase its own lending and its customers’ foreign trade volumes, to increase the volume of funds available for short- and medium-term lending, and to make rapid and efficient use of funding received from supranational financial institutions.
Thanks to the proactive business strategies introduced in recent years, TSKB is successfully achieving this goal.
By successfully integrating the sustainable banking concept criteria into all of its services, TSKB serves as a model for the entire Turkish banking industry. By supporting sustainable development, TSKB seeks to keep contributing to the country’s economic growth. In the years ahead, TSKB will continue to provide more resources to the national economy at an increasing rate, and to continuously support the Turkish private sector
Provide entrepreneurs with money- and capital market brokerage and advisory support: When entrepreneurs wish to tap capital markets, TSKB seeks to be an active player, to ensure the continuity of its investment advisory services, and to provide corporate customers and major private investors with superior-quality money- and capital market brokerage services.
TSKB makes it its business to provide its customers with the most attractive financing opportunities the market has to offer in order to create the resources that will contribute to the steady economic growth that Turkey needs. To this end, the bank maintains and strengthens the deep-rooted business relationships that it has with international financial institutions and banks.
In the investment banking business line, TSKB intends to continue being one of the most active and essential market players to be called upon in the conduct of all the major privatizations, public offerings, and M&A projects undertaken in Turkey in the years ahead.
Ensure sustainable profitability and growth: TSKB seeks to increase its return on equity and assets performance, to constantly improve its cost controls, to expand its own market value and its customer base, to safeguard the quality of its loan portfolio, and to effectively manage its liquidity and positions.
Strengthen the corporate structure: TSKB seeks to constantly create sustainable value for all of its stakeholders by carrying out full compliance with corporate governance principles as an ongoing and dynamic process and to remain a trailblazer in corporate governance practices.
Communicate effectively with stakeholders: TSKB seeks to continuously improve its perception among all of its stakeholders’ as a brand, to be a sectoral pioneer in dealing with sustainability and environmental issues, to provide all regulatory, supervisory, and auditing authorities with accurate, timely information, and to pursue growth by collaborating and creating synergies through its subsidiaries.